“To enhance the contribution of the goat industry to farmers’ income and welfare.”
- Avail improved indigenous and exotic (Savannah) goat germplasm to farmers in the project area which will serve as a springboard for establishing a pilot goat export zone in the country
- To establish open nucleus breeding herds coupled with systematic cross breeding programme for generating meat goat types for fattening and
- Improve the goat management systems and create sustainable supplies of quality goats for internal and export markets.
Link with the National Development Plan (NDP)
“Increased Agricultural productivity and overall household Incomes.”
Description of Outputs
- Production of quality goats for local, regional and international markets produced
- Improved indigenous bucks and does for genetic improvement for weight and numerical goat productivity
- Trained goat farmers and extension workers with capacity in goat production and improvement techniques.